Assignment Name: Learning to use Learnics
Topic/Unit: Who would you choose to put on a postage stamp?
Students will be able to
- Explore the Learnics extension
- To complete a Learnics assignment as well as answer post-assignment questions
In this assignment, you will learn about the postage stamp's history and answer the question, what important person from your life would you choose to put on a postage stamp and why?
Complete the following questions (1-4) about postage stamp history. Next, complete the chart based on an important person in your life you would choose to be on a postage stamp.
Use the teacher recommended website and two additional sites to complete your research.
Recommended Site: https://people.howstuffworks.com/who-decides-what-goes-on-postage-stamps.htm
- How are the images or people selected to be on an American postage stamp?
- Who was the first person on the 5-cent American postage stamp?
- What are two guidelines to be considered to be on a postage stamp?
- Who will be the newest person on the American postage stamp?
- Who you would choose and why to be on the postage stamp. Based on your research, what criteria do they meet to be considered?